Somerset Police Officer Yeast initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle with expired registration. During the course of the stop, a female passenger gave officers false information, using her sister’s social security number and date of birth. Officers were able to positively identify her as Amanda Florian.
She was placed under arrest for a warrant out of Anderson County and transported to the hospital for medical clearance due to an unrelated injury.
While in custody, it was discovered Florian had concealed narcotics on her person. Florian had approximately 1 ounce of methamphetamine, a baggie containing heroin, a baggie containing a white powdery substance, and another baggie containing marijuana.
In addition to the warrant, Florian was charged with:
- Trafficking Meth-1st degree (over 2 gms)
- Trafficking Heroin
- Trafficking Unspecified Drug-1st degree (over 10 Dosage Units)
- Possession controlled substance, 1st degree, 2nd offense
- Trafficking Marijuana (less 8 OZ)
- Tampering with physical evidence
- Theft of identity
- Drug paraphernalia
- Giving officer false identifying information