Governor Beshear stated today that after speaking with the White House, he has released 4 recommendations to try and decrease the number of COVID-19 cases. Those 4 steps for COVID-19 response are listed below:
4 Steps for Kentucky COVID-19 Response: (Gov. Beshear states these are recommendations)
1.) Already effective (July 10th) - 30 - Day statewide mask mandate
2.) Already effective (July 20th) - Limit social, non-commercial gatherings to 10 people or fewer.
3.) Effective Tuesday July 28th, 2020 - Bars close for 2 weeks.
4.) Effective Tuesday July 28th, 2020 - Limit indoor restaurant capacity to 25%. Outdoor capacity can remain with social distancing.
Additional recommendation: Both public & private schools to postpone in-person instruction until the third week in August.
Gov. Beshear also states he expects to "re-up" the mask mandate.
The Governor also released todays COVID-19 Numbers as well:
- 522 new cases as of today; 27,601 total confirmed cases since the start; Includes 21 children under the age of 5 years old with the youngest being 11 days old.
- 5.58% positivity rate; Calculated on a 7-day rolling average;
- 588,926 tests have been administered;
- 7,466 Kentuckians recovered;
- 9 new deaths; total number of deaths 709; Death reports are delayed about 14 days or more;
- Long Term Nursing Facility Numbers - 2,330 Residents; 1,302 Staff; 465 Deaths (461 Residents & 4 Staff); Numbers based on 244 Kentucky Facilities.
- Kentucky Child Care Facility Numbers - 44 facilities; 38 Staff; 31 children;