U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) announced on Saturday the University of Kentucky Center of Excellence in Rural Health will receive federal funding.
Through the CARES Act, the program will receive nearly $3.9 Million Dollars to aid in the healthcare efforts of 46 rural hospitals
The CARES Act funding allows hospitals maximum flexibility in how they respond to COVID-19 within their communities, including for testing and laboratory services as well as the purchase of personal protective equipment to minimize COVID-19 exposure.
Hospitals in our area receiving funding include:
- Casey County Hospital in Liberty
- Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital in Stanford
- Ephraim McDowell James B. Haggin Hospital in Harrodsburg
- Flaget Memorial Hospital in Bardstown
- Rockcastle Regional Hospital and Respiratory Care Center in Mt. Vernon
- Russell County Hospital in Russell Springs